Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Ali

I was sitting in my room, like a stone, all day long. No one had bothered me the whole day. I was happy. Suddenly the front door (the only door) banged open. There was a suspicious looking man right in front of me. He was oblivious of my presence. He went towards the right hand corner of room, and positioned himself in a manner that the next person entering the room would not be able to see him. He was on the alert with his knife drawn out. It looked like he was going to stab the next person who entered the stall. He took out his mobile phone, whispered to someone on the other line.

“I have taken position”

He hung up, looked a little nervous as sweat trickled down behind his ear. He was in his mid thirties, dressed in a light brown suit, and a cream fedora. His knife was still out. The door slowly creaked, and another man entered. He looked a much younger, dressed in a denim shirt and a tight pair of jeans. The young man quickly took notice of the other older one and drew out a gun, a snub nose, very effective for short range targets. I thought the older man would breathe his last. He was stupid to bring a knife to a gunfight. However, that didn’t happen. Both of them started laughing. And the younger one locked the door.

Picture this. Two armed men locked in a bathroom stall. Gays? No. there was another knock on the door. In entered an attractive young woman. Two gangsters and a whore? Maybe. Threesome?

I was curious to know what would happen next. The woman took out a white piece of rock and a mirror from her handbag and gave it to the older man. Who scraped it into crystal white powder. The younger man caught all the white powder on the mirror. And all three of them powdered their noses.

Damn I should have guessed. I wish I was a cop.


Inside the door of a public toilet

1 comment: