Monday, November 24, 2008

Parker

All Cock

I've had my eyes on that red one for a very long time. I mean I have seen her right from the time she was a small feathery blob of yellow. But now she was all grown up. And she was quite a dish. Her fine red plumage that bordered on burgundy, shapely thighs and a face that was innocent, with a dash of impishness. And all the roosters in the farm seemed to think so too. I had seen them letch at her with unabashed lust.

She probably enjoyed all the attention, but she acted as if they didn't even exist. For her the only rooster that mattered was the big black one. His feathers were as black as the night and shone like burnished silver. And he carried himself with a nonchalant panache. No doubt she was smitten by him. And it was quite obvious that he liked her too.

But they were very discreet about it. She did everything that all the other hens did, clucked nonchalantly, pecked diligently and laid the best eggs you ever saw. And he for his part went about life doing whatever it is that roosters do.

None of the other animals suspected anything. But I had seen her glance seductively at the black rooster. And I had seen him checking her out. And I could feel the sexual tension between them growing, it was almost palpable.

Then one day, the red hen strayed away from the other hens and was just outside my door, scratching the ground looking for worms. Noticing this, the black rooster looked around and once he was sure there was no one looking, he furtively walked towards the little red hen and whispered, "Pssst sexy, see you back of the barnyard at a quarter to ten." With a coy blush she nodded and scurried away.

That night was one of the darkest I had ever seen; there wasn't even a star in the sky. It was so dark, that you couldn't even see your hand if you held it in front of your face.

At precisely quarter to ten, I heard cautious footsteps approach stealthily. And a sudden gasp of pleasure broke the still of the night. It was the little red hen. She was in the throes of ecstasy. She moaned "faster, faster". And gasped "Oooh you big black rooster, do that again, it's been such a long time that I've forgotten what it feels like."

When a big gruff voice with a thick southern drawl said, "I ain't no rooster."

And the little red hen knew that the gander had goosed up.



Poster outside a chicken shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment