Friday, November 21, 2008

Mishti

It was a very bright morning, when I woke up and saw a massive traffic jam. The noises drove me crazy. I stood for twenty years on this junction and had never come across such a mess. Thank god I woke up just in time. I noticed a lot of people making faces and calling me bad names, just when I turned red. Well, I thought the colour red stood for love because I loved everybody around me and cared a lot for their safety. I also noticed people becoming very impatient and rushing before I could turn green. I never expected to come across such a day. I have stood all my life under the hot sun, and also in heavy rains, helping vehicles and pedestrians. Finally, the traffic jam started to clear up. I was then quite relaxed till the same situation occurred in the evening. This time I tackled it well right from the beginning. It was then eleven-o-clock, and I was about to fall asleep till I heard a bang! Two cars had collided. A child was bleeding, and for the first time I wanted to be a human who could help, and not a signal. It is very important to be a disciplined citizen and to obey me. Remember, I will be your friend forever. Hope you will be mine too.


(On a traffic-signal post)

No comments:

Post a Comment