Monday, November 24, 2008

Gautam Dev

When I think back and reflect on the amount of wine I've drunk I shudder with guilt. I'm sure I've imbibed enough to have made a thousand enemies, broken at least two hundred laws, rubbed up thousands of people the wrong way, hurt at least a hundred waiters, defaced ten kilometers of public property, pissed on thousands of walls, made many dozens of women blanch at the thought of me, dropped and broken thousands of glasses and driven scores of people off the road. But when I look at the crimson wine again I think of all the workers who earn their livelihood toiling hard in the fields just so the grape gets to a factory. I think of all the dreams that would be shattered, homes broken and educations ruined should I stop putting my lips around the rim of glass holding this juice of the earth. So I feel it's better to let their lives bloom than me be selfish and worry about my bloated liver.


On a bottle in a bar/ Or a poster where the bottles are placed in a bar

No comments:

Post a Comment