Friday, November 21, 2008

Sankalpa

I wake up in the morning groggy eyed, stretching and yawning along with my brothers and sisters. We are piled high, one on top of another and that’s how we call it a day everyday. Sometimes while we stretch we fall out of the pile and wake up with a start. What I love about mornings is the aroma of freshly brewed coffee and cheese sandwiches. I hear different people laugh, cry, fight, scream, shout and celebrate everyday. Once, a gentleman sitting alone at my table, smoking a pipe kept staring at me for a long time and picked me up and took me home with him. Oh! how I missed my family then. He didn’t even keep me on his table or even on top of a glass. He threw me out along with the old newspapers two days. I was then sent to the recycling plant and got a new look and of course hoped I would start a new life! I was again stacked along with some others who I called my friends and we were taken away. I fell asleep during the long drive. When I opened my eyes guess where I was? At the same coffee shop where my family lived!!!!

(On a coaster)

No comments:

Post a Comment