Friday, November 21, 2008

K Manoj

Once upon a time, I was a dark little stone. I was lonely and badly bruised. I had wild thorny creepers growing all over my body. So I suffered from sleeplessness and bad skin rashes. My life was horrible to say the least. My soft, flowery neighbours never looked at me. With no cure in sight, I lost all hopes. All this changed one day, when a gentleman called Sir Mark Cubbon sat on me. Something told me this fat looking man will change my life forever. He smoked a cigar and looked genuinely concerned. He stared at me for a long time. Before leaving the place, he spoke something to himself. And the very next day, some khaki clad men carried me from this place. I was handed over to master craftsmen for a makeover. Those men used fine chisels and hand tools on me. Soon I was a healthy looking stone. I was then brought back to this place and firmly grounded. Soon everyone started liking me. And I lived happily ever after with early morning walkers and children sitting on me. I now have flowery trees as my friends. Some of them even confessing they are in love with me.


(On a Cubbon Park bench)

1 comment: