Monday, November 24, 2008

Melvin

You may think that I don't notice much, but I've seen it all. I've seen street fights that have happened for apparently no reason at all. I've seen college kids have their first smoke in the darkness that surrounds me, thinking that no one would see them. I've seen drunken men barely able to stand who’ve held on to me with one hand, and emptied all that they've drunk that night with the other. I've seen policemen take bribes in the name of upholding the law, while all they've ever wanted was a fatter wallet. I've send peddlers peddle and people buy more substances than you could ever imagine, in the hope that it would open their minds. I've seen people being mugged in the middle of the night, in the middle of the city. I've seen cars smash into the light poles next to me, though still bent, they still light the way for many. I've seen children get their first taste of graffiti on my wall, penning out their thoughts for the world to see. I've seen roads stay the same even though a hundred governments have come and gone. I've seen beggars look up and hold out their hands to people who've stepped out of the finest restaurants. I've seen lifetimes change in a day, I've seen day's that seem like a lifetime. I've seen and lived through it all. I've seen how inhuman humans can get. And yet they have the nerve to call me the wall.


On a wall

No comments:

Post a Comment