Friday, December 12, 2008

Ambika

Like children in schools who try to outdo each other by trying to get better marks, we lifts too compete with each other to get more people to come with us. For instance, I transported close to five thousand people today. Way more than the lift next to me did. The trick is to stop at every floor so people who’re left stranded can come with you. Having soft mellow music playing in the background makes a world of a difference. So does a clean mirror. But I don’t like children too much because they push all the wrong buttons and turn me off. There is one thing I’d like to warn you about though - never overdo it. I’ve learnt my lesson. Once I decided to take 10 people all at once. I was happy I’d got so many people. But you know what happened? I never moved, yes. It was embarrassing alright. My doors shut and I stayed at the same floor. It’s only when a couple of them walked out that I could move. The same way children too shouldn’t try to cram up all the studying a week before exams. Because they’ll never be able to remember all of it. Instead, they should study a month in advance. So they can remember everything they’ve studied and also get excellent marks.


(on/ in a lift)

No comments:

Post a Comment