Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Aparna Das

Stop pacing up and down the corridor like that. You are disturbing the rest. And hey, smsing and fiddling with your silly phone won't help. Go inside. Why are you like this? Thirty years back when I saw you leave, I knew you were not the 'strong' type. Seems like I wasn't wrong in my assement, eh. Ahhhh, you are irking me now with your anxiety. Just go in buster. Come on, I don't see why YOU have to be this nervous. And isn't this your second? You men make me sick. I warn you, don't come back after this one. OK now, hurry up and go go go. What? You can't take all that moaning? How about me??? Been here for the last 57 years. I live with this every single day. And boy, yours has a horribly high pitched voice. Why just her, today there are 15 due. All moaning at different decibel levels. Imagine my life, buster. Ufffff! Someone, wheel them into the OT for a C section pullleease and save me from this ear splitting madness . It's getting so annoying. I know I know, I am growing old and senile.


(Poster in a labour ward)

No comments:

Post a Comment