Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Ambika

Then they got married and lived happily ever after. I happened to meet them a couple of days back and I asked them if happily ever afters exist or if they’re just for the books. They laughed, the girl’s name was Malinda and the boy was Freddy. They had met here at the same table five years ago. And had been married for three. They loved each other and spoke for hours on end about life and love right here. But things were different today, their topics of conversation had changed, it had gotten more serious.

Oh but I’m digressing. Coming back to what I was saying, they laughed and said, “happily ever afters exist, of course they do, but not like the ones in fairy tales. They’re more real, there’s sadness, there are fights and then there’s this thing called understanding.” For that one moment I wondered if they thought I was human. Freddy continued, “all of it is happy, because we’re constantly working together to keep each other happy.” In a strange way, I feel like I’m a part of their life. The place where they first met, the place where they still fight. The place where happily ever afters are kept alive.



(On a bench)

1 comment:

  1. If there are manyy common platforms and some vareity in diversity then happily afters do exist in life dudess:) O yes you are so right, we gotta keep working at it, because the key words are no egos ever and nurture the marriage bond:)

    ReplyDelete