Monday, December 15, 2008

Manoj K

As a permanent nest of this lake, I have lots of stories to share with you all. Here is a heroic story about a duckling called Jonathan.

Once upon a time, little Jonathan was swimming in the lake, and then his mother called out for him.

‘Jonathan, Jonathan, where are you”.

Jonathan heard the call, and flew back to this nest instantly.

Once inside, his mother told him, “Jonathan, listen carefully. I have something serious to tell you.”

He said, “Okay mom, go ahead.”

She said, “Yesterday, I saw a ‘bird killer’ with a big gun in his hand. Am scared he will kill us all.”

I knew Jonathan from his childhood days. He was a bold little duckling, so I was not surprised with his answer.

He told her, “Mom, don’t worry, I will handle that bad guy.”

The very next day little Jonathan asked all his friends to gather at the lakeshore. At the meeting, Jonathan convinced his friends to attack the ‘bird killer’ with a special duck song.

The song started off something like this:
‘Quack…quack if you come near me..
Quack…quack if you touch me…
Quack…quack if you even look at me…’

After some initial hiccups, the Jonathan’s choir began to work. The result was really terrific. (The song was horribly loud and the most irritating song I have ever heard.)

The next day, the ‘bird killer’ came to the lake and Jonathan and his friends sang the ‘quack…quack’ song. The song, as expected, was very loud and disturbing. It woke up everyone in the neighbourhood, including the guard who was sleeping at the park’s entrance. The guard upon seeing the ‘bird killer’ caught him within no time. Jonathan and his friends were delighted with their effort and danced in joy. Even his mother was very proud of him.

I can still vividly remember everything that little fellow did. Sadly, he longer stays here. Jonathan is out to see the world and will come back soon.



(poster next to the Bagmane lake)

No comments:

Post a Comment