Friday, December 19, 2008

Manoj K

Children, I have a story to tell you. I knew a naughty squirrel called Tommy, who stayed just up the tall tree in front of you. He was a mischievous squirrel from the moment he was born. I saw him popping out of his home and falling down many times. Once he grew up a little, Tommy would come down and play with me all the time. Whenever the park was empty, Tommy would run up the bar, and then slide down fast. Till his mommy Gabriel came down the tree and took him away.

One day something painful happened. Tommy and his family moved out of this park. And I was not able to see them and felt very bad about it. Then happiness swung back. I met someone as mischievous as Tommy. His name was Robin and he lived on the first tree near the park’s entrance. But last month, something strange happened again. Tommy came back to play just when Robin was playing here. I thought they will bond together as friends. Unfortunately, I was wrong because a fight broke out.

Robin roared, “Hey, this belongs to me, don’t dare to come near.”

In reply, Tommy thundered, “haa, who said this to you. I know this place from my childhood.”

Robin retorted, “Sad, now I have to break your face.”

Then sadly, I became a mute spectator to a fight between two cute squirrels. All this came to an end, when mothers of both Tommy and Robin came together and brokered a truce. After that incident, they became close friends and kept sliding on me by taking turns.

Now isn’t this a good story with a happy ending?


(On a slide, inside a park)

No comments:

Post a Comment