Monday, December 15, 2008

Ambika

I was once a foodie. Sitting at a restaurant waiting for the pick of the day was my favourite thing to do. Apart from eating of course. Restaurants made me smile, the aromas made my senses tingle and the ambience just lifted my spirits.
My last meal was eaten at one such table. I was waiting for my friends when a waiter got me a fortune cookie. I broke it and read my fortune, it said, 'a wish will come true'. I smiled and searched my mind for a wish, there were none. Just then I saw a waiter slip and the plate of chicken shaslick he was carrying, fall face down on a table. I was so hungry, I just wished I was the table mat that it landed on. And that was it. I disappeared even before I could place my order.


(Table-mats in restaurants)

No comments:

Post a Comment