Thursday, January 8, 2009

Ambika

The evil chair

When people sat on me, they became more than one person. They became two. They never realized how I was working on them slowly, adding to them one kilo at a time. The smart ones didn’t sit on me for too long, the dull ones loved the time they spent on me, with me. I attacked the stomach, then the waist and slowly covered all of them. It made me happy, making people fatter. Especially when it came to Bobo, he was my favourite. He put on weight quite fast. It didn’t take long before Bobo became two. His clothes shrunk, his weight doubled and I couldn’t take his weight anymore. There was nothing more I could do to him. But there was nothing I could do about him sitting on me either. That’s when it struck me, that brilliant idea. The next time he sat on me comfortably and stretched, the backrest bending to its extreme, I snapped. He fell. And Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.

(On a chair)

No comments:

Post a Comment